Once you have got engaged and the initial euphoria has faded, you will start to focus on planning your wedding. This can be exciting, yet overwhelming and time-consuming. The average wedding takes 150 hours to plan. Many couples just do not have that time to dedicate to planning their perfect wedding. This is when they make the decision to hire a wedding planner to provide a full planning service. Many couples have little idea of what to expect from a full planning service. I give details below of what to expect.
Firstly an initial consultation will take place, usually lasting a couple of hours. By the end of this meeting the planner will have a very clear picture of how the couple wish their wedding day to be. It is really important for the couple to stress what they like and what they don’t like. The planner will follow up the consultation with a proposal, and if all is well, preparations will begin in earnest.
Once the planning stage starts the planner will be responsible for the following:
- A shortlist of venues will be drawn up together with a full list of recommended suppliers. All necessary negotiations will be carried out with both venue and suppliers.
- A budget will be prepared and managed.
- All wedding management and administration, including booking guest accommodation, if necessary.
- Styling and design for the wedding reception.
- Help with choosing readings and music for the ceremony if required.
- Organise the rehearsal.
- Keep the bride and groom (and parents if involved) up to date with plans and meet at regular intervals as required.
- Attend meetings with suppliers and the venue.
- Prepare a detailed timetable for the day itself, which will be available to venue, suppliers and the relevant wedding party.
- If a marquee is being used, attend and check on the set up.
- On hand during the day itself to ensure a smooth running and fabulous event.
This will leave the couple free to enjoy the excitement and build up to the wedding day, relaxed and stress free. Hiring a wedding planner for a full planning service is like removing all the time consuming aspects involved, and just concentrating on the lovely components.